Tuesday, November 28, 2006

New York Big City of Dreams...

...around here cats be doing plenty of things.

At least I think that's how it goes. Another BK link, this one from Brownstoner:

http://brownstoner.com/brownstoner/archives/2006/11/what_if.html#comments

They ask:

What if you were a wealthy philanthropist who could write a $100 million check to fund any infrastructure or public project in Brooklyn? What would it be? A selective high school to rival Stuyvesant in Manhattan? Hundreds more patrol officers on the police force? A monorail above Atlantic Avenue? Let your imagination run wild.

I answer:

"Mass transit in southeastern Brooklyn = Saving brownstone Brooklyn" True.

Resume L service to Canarsie Pier. There used to be a trolley that ran from Rockaway Parkway to the water, but as trolleys tend to do...

But here's the kicker - ha - build a soccer stadium and training complex for a Brooklyn soccer team. Something small and as far away from Gehry as possible.

Once I finish this piece I'm working on, I'm going to see if these blogs I'm starting to link would consider linking mine. Expand my audience past the number of fingers with which I type, perhaps?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home